What makes PhD after MBA an attractive option is a thrill to research. The PhD program offered at Poornima University provides an opportunity to conduct scholarly research, independent study and obtain an in-depth knowledge of a specialized field that is hard to attain otherwise with just an MBA degree. However, an MBA degree offers great career options but when complemented with a PhD degree, it can become much more valuable.
The research training leads to awareness of the cutting-edge developments and the ability to evolve new insights for solving business issues. The doctoral graduates are equipped with experience in data analysis and data-driven decision making. They are practised with various research methodologies that include modelling, experimental methods, econometrics, field studies, etc. However, it is important for an individual to have an aptitude for conducting research and real-world experiences of an MBA degree that can motivate him to study relevant business issues.
As far as job prospects are concerned, a person with a PhD degree after MBA can choose to become a professor with a high pay scale. The PhD degree holders also gain a competitive advantage over the MBA graduates and this can lead to very lucrative compensations. Being a top B School faculty can make you earn salary in millions. A PhD with an MBA degree can also lead to golden opportunities in well-known firms or their entrepreneurial ventures.Top specializations for PhD’s in Business
There are various specializations available for Business PhD holders or other studies that are closely similar to a PhD. Some of these specializations are listed below:
- Business Economics: This is a combination of economic analysis with business and major areas of focus may range from Development Economics, Behavioral Economics, Urban Economics, Economic Analysis & Policy, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Organizations & markets and more.
- Accounting: This field of specialization focuses on solving issues, using economics related to accounting, statistical inference and decision theory.
- Finance: Research that is focused majorly on Asset Pricing, Portfolio Management, Corporate finance, Macroeconomics, International Finance, etc.
- Operations, Information & Technology: This area of research focuses on the study of management of systems, networks and processes. It may cover health care systems, manufacturing, information systems, product design, operation management, decision-making etc.
- Organizational behavior: It is focused on research on concepts of psychology, sociology and their impact on behavior within complex organizations.
- Marketing: The focus of market research lies in solving marketing management issues faced by the companies. The areas of specialization involve behavioral decision making, statistics, economics, management science, industrial organization and more.