In the 21st century, property owners, especially home and office, lay supplemental efforts on the aesthetics of a space to ensure a peaceful and serene atmosphere that fosters productivity and creates calmness. With creativity and the knowledge of optimal use of the space available, an interior designer can transform the look of property absolutely, considering the aesthetics.
While the work of interior designers was very prevalent in the last centuries, its importance has increased manifold around the globe in present times. In India, growing infrastructure due to urbanization has created a manifold increase in demand for civil engineers, architects, & interior designers.
As an interior designing professional with the relevant skill-set and experience, professionals can choose to move ahead in career through the below mentioned ways:1. Work as a Professional: Many interior designing firms are opened up in the metro and non-metro cities of India. A qualified professional from a good institute can get well-paying jobs in this field without much problem.
2. Start Your Own Business: If entrepreneurship is what you are looking for, let us tell you that interior designing is a very promising field for becoming an entrepreneur. You can always start by taking up small projects from people in your contact and build a niche over time to take up big assignments.
3. Freelancing: If you are planning to pursue your masters or working on some other fields you wanted to explore, freelancing is always an option. As a freelancer, you can work on a variety of projects from different fields. This is a very lucrative option for on & off professionals in this field.
Well, now that you know all the opportunities available, let us tell you why there is an increase in demand for interior designers in India.1. Rise of Café-Culture: With the rise in café culture in tier-2 cities of India, the demand for interior designers has increased manifolds. Café owners want their café to look unique and pleasing with a new concept every-time. Interior designers can play a major role in creating new and fancy café for the foodies and social media lovers out there.
2. Increase in Awareness of Importance About Good Aesthetics: Home and office owners in the 21st century are now aware of the impact of aesthetics on peace of mind and other important aspects of living. Interior designers can make the best use of their skills to create an aesthetic ambiance.
3. Need for Change: With time, we humans tend to get bored with our surroundings. While the older generation handled such feelings well, the present generation believes in doing something to change this feeling.
4. Increase in Paying Capacity of Urban Population: With time, the paying capacity of working men and women has increased manifolds. This allows them to spend an additional chunk of their money on the place they spend a large portion of the day i.e. office or home.
5. Save Money, Time, & Efforts: An interior designer can help their clients save money by proper budgeting and planning, time by giving the best alternatives and efforts by researching on the latest trends. All of it combined, a home/office/restaurant owner usually finds the services of a designer worth the money, thus increasing demand!
A career in the field of interior design is very promising in India. With the ever increasing and developing infrastructure, the demand is never likely to go down. However, what is essential to focus here is that the requirement of skilled designers is also increasing. At Poornima University, our interior designing course is developed by industry leaders with years of experience to ensure greater learning for students. With great placements and curriculum, Poornima University is the ideal institute for all aspirants of a career in interior design. Visit the University for admission related details today!