Center of Excellence in Solar Energy
Poornima University (PU) was established in Jaipur in year 2012 by Shanti Education Society, the promoter of Poornima Group in year 2000, the leading educational group in Engineering & Management with a track record of thousands of Alumni working in India and abroad. With the challenging situation of global climate change and need of carbon credit control Poornima University has taken an initiative by setting up 100 KWp grid connected roof top solar PV energy system at the academic block of University. The installation of Solar Power Plant was supported by MNRE with 30 % funding from MNRE. This system will be a feather in the wings of university with an enthusiasm to promote green energy and clean energy. It is also an inspiration as well as resource for the students for conducting study, research, development and applications of solar energy.
As per the advice of the Chairperson, PU has established center of excellence in solar energy with a focus of a concrete, feasible and detailed research and capacity building in solar energy.
Academic and research use of 100 kw rooftop solar power plant
- Involved 12 students of ME, CIV, EE from the beginning of commissioning of 100 KWp solar power plant installed at PU with focus to train them along with giving theoretical and practical knowledge in this work so as to place in similar industry. Along with the students 2 faculty members have also been identified who are monitoring, mentoring and providing technical guidance to the students.
- Visit to 100 kW solar power plant, PU has already been organized for approx. 5000 Students along with theoretical sessions in the year 2016 to 2019.
- Project work is given to selected students of B.Tech. M.Tech. and Ph.D.
- More than 10 Research Topics Identified for 100 KWp Rooftop SPV.
- PCC in Solar Technology
- Self Help Group in Faculty Members
- Energon Book
- Workshop on Mathematical Modeling and Design Optimization
- Pyramid Based Research
- Department Projects
- PU-Solar Club
- Inter-Department & Inter Institution Research
- Special Lectures(SPL), Interaction and Q & A Sessions on Research & Development