The Poornima University has started the Center of Excellence- Machine Learning Applications for Society in the School of Computer Science & Engineering in collaboration with Bannett University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The collaboration has been done in between both the universities to share the research accomplishments in the fields of Machine Learning, Data Science and Machine Learning. Initially in 2018 the collaboration was done with a MoU where Bannett University was the Mentor Institute where as Poornima University was the Nodal Center. Now the University is intended to establish itself as Mentor Institute at Poornima University in the future expansions and want to excel its research dimensions in the field of Machine Learning. Under the Center of Excellence (CoE), the School of Computer Science & Engineering is committed to arrange Special lectures, workshops and seminars by the people from industry academic and research verticals.
Objectives and Purpose
Our Policy and Advocacy team conducts research and thought leadership activities on Machine Learning and its impacts on the Social Issues. The role of the Center of Excellence- Machine Learning Applications for Society is to primarily act in an advisory capacity to:
- Provide guidance on policy and issues relating to the research in the areas of Machine Learning.
- Identify current and emerging research in the areas of Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- To integration of leading academic research with strategic applications in the areas of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- To conduct the special lectures, workshops and seminars by the people from industry academic and research verticals to educate the faculties and students with proper guidance.
- Develop an environment for the faculties and students so that they can carry out the research for the benefit of local surroundings. This environment will encourage the researchers not only from our university but from the nearby areas to do research on local issues to develop alternative solutions, creating innovative multipurpose products at cheaper cost, solving medical issues, etc.
- The practical problems encountering during productivity cycles should be taken into the account while formulating research studies in that particular field. With this objective the Center of Excellence is committed to develop the projects for the benefit of society and its comfort.