Poornima University Alumni Society
The Poornima University Alumni Society (PUAS) is an organization, composed of PU alumni and alumni groups and student coordinators organized across the world, with a view to preserve and carry forward the fine traditions of Poornima, to strengthen the connection between the alumni at home and abroad and college.
Alumni spread across India, and even the world; they play an important role in social development and national rejuvenation. The great achievements they make have gained a high reputation for their alma mater. To strengthen the cooperation between alumni at home and abroad, as well as alumni and alma mater, and also to serve our alumni, the University established the alumni society and has been working productively since then.
We are an engaged alumni society with vibrant communication that actively reaches out, participates fully, and welcomes and shares new ideas and fresh thinking. As alumni society let us stand together in advancing the goal of PU, to be the leading University of Rajasthan, offering recognised education and leadership.
We seek to bring the alumni of Poornima University together to foster mutual relationships while stimulating & strengthening an old network. Poornima University’s alumni meet “Dharohar” is conducted every year in order to reconnect with ex-students, recognize their success and various achievements.
The aims and objectives of the PUAS are
- To encourage the alumni of PU to work for improvement in awareness towards technical education in the society
- To create a world-class organization for bringing together all the alumni of PU and providing a forum for professional networking amongst the alumni, with present students and professors for mutual benefit in professional and/ or business areas; including employment network for new graduates or alumni looking for career upgrade/ change, and alumni displaced from the workforce
- To organize and establish scholarship funds for the help of the needy and deserving students
- To encourage the alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the institute so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater
- To inculcate the knowledge of and help the passing out students in the fields of employment and motivate them towards entrepreneurship
- To institute prizes for outstanding project work, research papers or other professional activities by the students of the institute: also to recognize outstanding social and community service by the alumni and the students
- To undertake to organize activities of civil and charitable nature
- To extend academic support to the institute through various networks such as “visiting faculty network”, “curriculum development network”, “industry-academia relationship building”, “distance learning network” and “academic endowment network” etc. for enhancing technological and practical knowledge of students
- To help the students by providing any/ all learning materials required for their knowledge upgrade.
- To acquire/ purchase/ own/ take on lease/ hire anywhere in India/ abroad, temporarily or permanently any movable/ immovable property necessary/ convenient for the furtherance of the object of the PUAS.
- To do all such other lawful things as are conducive/incidental to the attainment of the above objectives and/ or beneficial in the interest of PU and its alumni.
- To invest/ deal with the funds and money of the PUAS.
- None of the above objectives is for any material gains or profit motive.