INDUSTRIES & TRAINING VISIT
FIRST YEAR INDUSTRIAL VISITS
Such visits are arranged for first year B.Tech. and BCA students to industries for getting an insight to the industry environment followed by submission of report and presentation.Industries Visited so far: SARAS, Autopal, BSNL, RRVPNL etc.
A tour to TILONIA, PUSHKAR & NARELI was organized for students selected by Poornima for Short term Industrial Trainings in the duration of their Semester Break.
Tilonia: A small town near Ajmer with distinctive feature of Barefoot College, officially known as Social Work and Research Centre, which addresses problems of drinking water, girl education, health and sanitation, rural unemployment, income generation, electricity and power, social awareness and the conservation of ecological systems in rural communities. Pushkar: One of the five sacred pilgrimage sites. Nareli: A new Jain temple located on the outskirts of Ajmer 7 kilometers from the city center.
SHORT TERM IND TRAININGS IN SEM BREAK
To utilize the semester break period, a short term industrial training for 15 to 20 days was arranged by the T&P Cell, PF for its selected second year B. Tech. and BCA students. Only selected academically sound students were sent to different local industries of respective sectors where they worked on live projects and attained hands on experience of various technological processes.
Training Process followed:
- Hands on intensive training
- Daily feedback and daily report
- Report submission
- Issuance of certificate
To provide hands on experience and industry exposure to students of B. Tech. & BCA, 30/45/60 days industrial training after Third (B. Tech.) / Second Year (BCA) is being planned as a part of curriculum.
STUDENT ANALYSIS ACTIVITY
Student Analysis at University Level, for all First year students on basis of their Aptitude, Subject knowledge (PCM, English), Written communication, GK, and Lateral thinking was conducted by T&P Cell.
LIAISING WITH EXTERNAL AGENCIES:
T& P Cell actively plays role in liaising for planning of
- Summer Trainings
- Special Lectures
POORNIMA EMPLOYABILITY ENHANCEMENT MISSION
PEEM was introduced in PF in July 13 from academic session 2013-14. Its main aim is to prepare the budding engineers to face challenges in cracking the job interviews. It was introduced for students to crack written exam of companies, to instill confidence in them during interviews, to provide an opportunity to explore themselves beyond the academic curriculum. PEEM help students to be to be successful in their placements.
This year about 1350 students were put through the online tests for the evaluation of their aptitude and skills and 800 of these students were found eligible on the grounds of various parameters to be subjected to GD/PI, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and English (spoken and written) Classes.
The results were encouraging and it was decided to introduce PEEM & P-PROSKEP classes from V sem onwards for B.Tech session 2014-15 in order to make students more competitive. To screen out the disinterested students a token amount is charged from the students which is refunded to them at the conclusion phase of PEEM.
The PEEM team consists of:
(a)The Chief TPO. (b)The Training Officers PEEM, PCE/PIET/PGI. (c)26 Tutors from all PGC Campus.
- PEEM classes are mandatory for all students of 5th and 6th Semester CS, IT, EC & EIC branches and will run as a regular program incorporated in the teaching scheme for 2 hours / week.
- P-PROSKEP classes for students of 5th & 6th Semester CS, IT, EC & EIC branches is now termed as ‘Technical P-PROSKEP (TPP)’, taught by department faculty members only. The TPP sessions are also compulsory for all students of 5th Semester. An individual faculty is not permitted to take the load of TPP sessions for more than 6 hours per week.
- TPP classes for students of 5th & 6th Semester CIVIL, ME & EE branches is conducted for 2 hours in Lecture mode (2L) and 2 hours in practical mode (2P – with batch size of half of the class strength). Deptt. faculty members takes the TPP sessions that primarily includes preparation for GATE, brushing up of previous year’s concepts & awareness of technical sessions (to be conducted in interactive Lecture mode) and other software based learning & workshop oriented trainings (to be conducted in Practical mode).
- PEEM classes for students of 5th & 6th Semester CIVIL, ME & EE are not compulsory, though, students who are interested in PEEM classes are allowed under a special time-table prepared by respective Campus Directors ensuring the effective use of resources and without causing any undesirable disturbance in other activities.
- The time table and scheme for PEEM classes and GD/PI sessions are prepared by Training Officer, PF with guidance of respective Campus Directors.
ONLINE ELIGIBILITY TEST
Online eligibility test is a mandatory eligibility criterion for appearing in 1st and 2nd Mid Term Examination for all the students for self-assessment about academic preparation at any stage, till they clear the exam. It is for 1 hour minutes and is conducted on weekly basis. They are provided with a login and password to appear for the exam and if for any reason they are unavailable to give the exam during the assigned internet lab then they can appear during any free time in the college schedule. The print out of the result will be provided to the students. Passing online exam is mandatory and two attempts are given for clearing one unit. It consists of 60 questions in total from all the subjects of that particular unit. For e.g., the first test will consist of 60 questions in total from the unit I of all the subjects of that particular semester, similarly for unit II and so on.
(A Program for interaction with Eminent Achievers)
OBJECTIVE : Bring source of inspiration to our students towards preparing for their better future.
A program named “PU Inspire” is initiated with a vision to invite eminent achievers i.e. renowned industrialists, successful alumni, entrepreneurs, academic experts etc.) every month to address our students and faculty members to share their success stories, experiences, skills and expertise.
This program was inaugurated by Shri. Yatindra Mishra, a national level poet and Shri P.M. Bharadwaj, Ex. CMD, Instrumentation Ltd., Kota on 20 January, 2014.
OBJECTIVE: To train selected students targeting Increase in number and quality of assured placements
- To ensure placement of students in credible organization.
- Conducting seminars, group discussions, and mock interviews as a part of career guidance and personality development.
- Acting as an information center for students in job opportunities and competitive examinations like GATE, GRE, CAT and the like.
- To develop the qualities of good citizen of India.
Top performing students (12 from each section) have been selected in this Club for holistic training of their personality development, aptitude skills, analytical skills, language skills, technical skills in addition to, on line placement mock tests. The recruitment training is conducted by professional trainers from the corporate world. Under the SUPER CLUB, students are trained by conducting activities like:
FORTNIGHTLY EXPERT LECTURES ON:
- Personality Development/Grooming activities
- Oral presentations/ Seminars
- Mock Interviews, Soft Skill classes
- Career choices & Preparation for competitive Exams likeGATE/IES/CAT/PSU’s.
- Company requirements & changing trends
SPECIAL CLASSES FOR SKILL DEVELOPMENT
Special Training classes are organized for the final year students so that they can excel in the upcoming Placement drives. These classes are meant for:-
- Guidance to Students for Increasing Placement Chances.
- Experience Sharing by Selected Students (Alumni and others)
- Discussion on Exam Pattern and Previous Year Placement
Survey Camp is conducted successfully for students at regular intervals, as a compulsory part of the Curriculum. Such camps are aimed to groom the engineering students with essential knowledge and exposure to the real field work, thereby encouraging leadership and teamwork skills among them. This Survey Camp results in encouraging and supporting students, emerging as a leader in several areas of academic. The Students are divided into groups of 10 -11 students each and are monitored and mentored by the faculty coordinator. These camps are organized in 2-3 phases to learn & monitor each aspect of the surveying.
APTITUDE & CAMPUS RECRUITMENT TRAINING
OBJECTIVE: To prepare the students for facing the recruitment process,
- To increase placements by preparing students for all entrance exams and make them campus ready!
- Aptitude is essential in ALMOST EVERY EXAM.
- Preparation of Aptitude/GD/PI etc
- MoU with CL Educate Ltd. (Career Launcher)
- Two hours per week in regular time table for II year (ALL Courses) & I year (MBA only) students.
- To provide best possible input to the students, the faculty is hired from reputed professional institutions/centers.
TALENT ENRICHMENT PROGRAMME
OBJECTIVE:To enhance the skills/competence of students in their interest areas,
- Technical (like CAD/ Energy/ Robotics etc) as well as Non-Technical (Rhetoric, vocalist, cinematography, management etc.) Clubs.
- Integrated in curriculum as “Extra-curricular Activities” under Discipline and TEP , which is of 2 credits.
- These clubs focus on group activities which are co-curricular or extracurricular in nature.
- Well defined activities in each club
- The performer of these clubs are motivated/Sponsored to participated in inter/intra University Competitions.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE COURSE
OBJECTIVE :To keep the students updated with the latest job oriented skills and knowledgeto enhance employability of students.
In PCC, the students of all designated class/sections are provided with an opportunity to pursue one Certificate course from the basket of technical certificate courses offered by the Department. These courses have been selected with an objective to impart training of latest trends and technology commonly employed in current scenario and to make students updated as per the market requirements.
- Part of regular time table : NO EXTRA FEE, NO EXTRA TIME
- B. Tech. : 4th, 5th, 6th, & 8th Semester
- BCA: 4th, 5th& 6th Semester
- Certificate courses known in market
- Direct employability
- Vocational courses
- Non credit course and therefore not the part of mark sheet/grade sheet, however a certificate will be issued on its completion.
LIST OF PCC FOR IV SEMESTER, B. TECH & BCA
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Working and Maintenance of Automobiles
- Reverse Engineering with CAD/CAE
- Plastic Product Development and Manufacturing
Department of Computer Engineering and BCA
- Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking Professional (CSEP)
- Dot Net Technology
- Web Page Designing
Department of Civil Engineering
- Real Life Aspects of Civil Engineering
Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- MATLAB and its Applications
- Elementary Course on Embedded Systems
- Real life Aspects of Electrical and Electronics Engineering