The purpose of the training & placement office is to define the overall structure & processes of Training, Placements and Outreach, and to structure the roles & responsibilities of the teams working in the office. The training & placement office of Poornima Foundation ensures that –
- Maximum number of students get on-campus placement.
- Deserving candidates can have the opportunity to start their career with their preferred company.
- The whole team work according to the defined processes to achieve the common objective.
Structure of Training & Placement Office :
Training & Placement Office (TPO) is headed by Chief Training and Placement Officer Ms. Dipti Lodha. TPO incorporates a team of 8 Branch Coordinators from Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Architecture, for preparation of students. Each institution has an Institutional training and placement coordinator under the flag of TPO to help the students regarding their queries.
Role & Responsibility of Training & Placement Office :
- TPO invites Companies/Industries for recruiting students through Campus Drives.
- TPO prepares the database of all final year students and shares the database to Companies/Industries as per their requirements & eligibility criteria along with a tentative, mutually convenient date for the campus interviews.
- TPO finalizes the suitable date of campus drive by interaction with Company Personnel.
- TPO organizes regular Classes/sessions for Soft Skills Development of students for better performance in Placements.
- Regularly updating the database of students for company.
- Make all the arrangements of Venue & Resources for organizing campus drive.
- An active team comprising of Faculty and Students placement coordinators is formed for the effective execution.
- TPO doesn’t invite/approach any company for campus drive which involved any kind of financial conditions.
Eligibility conditions :
- Final year students are eligible to participate in the placement activities if He/She meets the requirements/eligibility criteria specified by the Company as well as TPO.
- Students who are interested in placements must participate in all technical and soft skill preparatory classes/sessions.
- TPO doesn’t allow the students to go for off- campus drives of the companies which are supposed to come Poornima.
- TPO doesn’t allow the students to pay any amount to any agency/mediator for placements.
Job Offers :
- TPO strictly follows the policy of “One students, One Job Offer” only. A student shall be allowed to go through the selection processes, based on specified criteria, till he/she secures a job offer.
- All placed students will be allowed to apply for one Dream Company only and if selected in Dream Company his/her previous offer will be withdrawn.
- Students from streams like Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, will be allowed to sit for campus drive of Core Companies even if they have offers from Software/IT Companies.
- If a student is offered a second job, he/she must give a letter of regret to the company, which offered the first job and a letter of acceptance to the second.
- After accepting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time during the year, he/she must inform the company concerned through the TPO immediately.
- After having accepted a job offer, if a student does not wish to join the company due to genuine reasons such as pursuing higher studies, then the students is bound to inform the TPO and abide by the agreements/bonds they enter into with the company.
Student Code of Conduct :
- Students must be formally attired in Poornima’s Dress Code whenever they participate in any Placement Activity in campus or off campus.
- Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process in campus or off campus.
- Direct communication of students with the company officials is not allowed.
- Attendance of shortlisted/eligible students in placement drive is mandatory.
Debarment/Blacklisting grounds for students :
- Students may be debarred /blacklisted from the placement if he/she is found involved in any indisciplinary activity or engaged in malpractices practices.
- Any eligible student who has not participated in 2 consecutive recruitment drives without prior approval of PMTPO.
- Students giving wrong data/information in PMTPO, He/She will be debarred/blacklisted from the placement activities for the rest of the academic year.
- Students cannot drop out from selection process once he/she has been shortlisted for further rounds after Aptitude Test. A disciplinary action will be taken against defaulter student/s.
- Any kind of misbehavior/complaints reported by the company officials/faculty/staff/volunteers will be taken seriously & those evolve will be debarred/ blacklisted from future campus placements.
- TPO aims to provide placement assistance for all final year students. Placement is a privilege extended to the students but can’t be claimed as a matter of right.
- These guidelines are framed to ensure equality and fairness of opportunity to all the students. All students who opt for placement through the TPO shall abide by the guidelines prescribed herein above.
- Any breach of rules specified above by any student, shall be taken up seriously by the TPO who in turn will view the matter and take action against the students.
- TPO reserves all rights to modify any or all of the above norms and/or stipulating additional norms for placement which, in its judgment and discretion are likely to benefit the students.
- The students must observe and adhere to all codes of conduct rules specified by TPO. While answering questions in the interview, students should observe decorum.
- Keeping the company’s convenience in the view, selection processes may take place in any city/town in the states. The students may be required to travel and attend the same. TPO shall pass on the information received from the organization to the concerned students. The students are expected to make their own travel arrangements and bear the cost of attending such drives.
In case of any clarification in above matter department/faculty/student may e-mail the query to respective Institutional training and placement coordinator.