Research & Development
Advanced Studies & Research Center at PU is constantly moving to the pinnacles of research. With state-of-the-art facilities and resources the focus is on honoring the Analytical and Intuitive skills. The University provides PhD. program in Engineering, Management, Commerce, Applied Science, Design etc.
Some of the major thrust areas of research at PU: Renewable Energy, Water resources , Environmental Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Technology, IOT, Banking & Financial Services, Entrepreneurship, Sensor Application in Manufacturing Processes, Wireless Sensor Networks, Pervasive Computing Sustainable Architecture, Commerce ,Science, English, Software Define Networks, Data Mining, Remote Sensing & Health Informatics Systems.
- Should be about some problem that encourages enthusiasm (for you) and interest (for others)
- Is often generated from the thought "what we’ve got now/from the past isn't quite right/good enough – we can do better..."
- Consists of work that leads to a meaningful contribution, generates in some way, a better solution to the problem
- Research is thus original contribution to existing stock of knowledge making for its advancement. It is the pursuit of truth with the help of study, observation, comparison and experiment.
Ph.D is mostly self-driven and self-taught degree with the supervisor gently aiding the process. The program and supervisor help mostly in creating an atmosphere and environment in which the scholar gets motivated to excel. Hence, while doing a Ph.D from Poornima University, the scholar becomes self-motivated and committed, and willing to work hard.
In this time consuming and complex process our effective and positive supervisors significantly influence the quality of Ph.D Our positive induction process brings out the perfect research work with following advantages, Events & Activities:
- Regular Ph.D
- Advantage of Dual M. Tech. and Ph.D program
- Rich pool of highly experienced supervisors
- Regularly conduction of International/National Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and Expert talks etc.
- PhD. Course in accordance with UGC guidelines 2016
- Course work designed by experts from IITs, NITs & Industries
- Regularly Used Software Turnitin, IEEE subscription
- Experts coming from other institutions like IIT,NIT, Central Universities and abroad for special lectures and evaluation
- Individual attention, guidance and support
- Opportunities for team research in focus areas
- Up gradation of communication, presentation & research skills
- Inculcation of critical and innovative thinking
- Quality research publications and outcome
- Critical evaluation processes
- Unique Learning Opportunity
- Regular Workshops & Trainings as per need
- Concept of critical analysis of literature re-view
- Exposure to research process & concepts
Research Lab (Software): SPSS Tool for Statistical Analysis, MATLAB, Lab View, TCAD-SILVACO, NREL Open Source Tools, EDA-SILVACO, Smart Spice, Gateway, Utmost-IV, AutoCAD-Student Version
Research Lab (Hardware): Vacuum Coating Unit, Eco sense-Solar PV Training and Research Kit, CNC Kit, Robotic Arms, Wireless Sensor Network, Microwave Simulators
100Kw Solar Power Plant and Water Treatment Plant
Metrological Lab: The Automatic Weather Station (AWS)
Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta
Associate Dean (Research and Development)
50% in Post-Graduation + Virtual Entrance Examination & Interview
|Application form Fee: (Non-Refundable)||Rs. 1,200|
|Registration and Course work – First year||Rs. 75,000|
|Caution Money (Alongwith First Installment of Fee) Refundable||Rs. 5,000|
|Second Year||Rs. 75,000|
|Third Year||Rs. 75,000|
|Fourth /Fifth / Sixth year (if Applicable)||Rs. 30,000|
|Extension Fee Seventh & Eighth Year (if Applicable)||Rs. 10,000|
|*ANNUAL FEE FOR SESSION 2020-21|
Administrative Fee – Rs 5,000
|If application of withdrawal Received||Deduction to be made|
|Before 15 Days of Commencement of Classes||INR 5000|
|Within 15 days of Commencement of Classes||10% of annual fees (tuition + development + Admin)|
|More than 15 days but less than 30 days of
Commencement of Classes
|20% of annual fees (tuition + development + Admin)|
|After 30 days of the date of commencement of classes||No Refund|
|1. Minimum deduction of INR 5000 will be done against cancellation|
|2. Any admission after 30 days of commencement of class will not be eligible for any refund of any sort|
*As per session 2020-21, subject to change for session 2021-22
Step 1: Filling and Submission of Application Form for Admission
Each candidate shall be required to take a University Research Aptitude Test (RAT) which shall consist of two parts i.e. Entrance Test and Personal Interview.
Step 2: Entrance Test
Entrance Test shall be of two and half hours having the weightage of 70 marks.
- Part 1 : Research Methodology (Objective Type) (Duration: 90 Minutes)
- Part 2 : Subject Specific Related Short Essay Type Questions (Duration: 60 Minutes)
- Minimum 50 % marks would be required to be eligible for personal interview
Personal Interview: The interview shall be based on following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge. (The personal interview weightage will be of 30 Marks)
However, the candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR (JRF) examination/SLET/GATE/Teacher fellowship or have passed M. Phil. shall be exempted from RAT.
Syllabus of Entrance:Link: - Ph.D. Entrance Test syllabus for Reference
|Application Form available for download on University website (www.poornima.edu.in)||May 2020|
|Online Application with online payment of Application Fee (Rs.1200/-)||Available Online|
|Last Date of filling the Application and acceptance of receipt by (Post / online / in person)||17th June, 2020|
|Document Verification (X/XII/UG/PG)/ Other relevant to be emailed at : firstname.lastname@example.org||18th June, 2020|
|Online Examination & Interview**||25th- 30th June, 2020|
|Result Declaration||03rd July, 2020|
|Admission Confirmation, fee Deposition & Original documents verification||From 4th-10th July, 2020|
|Commencement of PhD. Course-work classes||August 2020|
|Schedule of Entrance**||Date & Time of Entrance exam will be informed through email|
**Please Note: The schedule of the Entrance Exam & Exam pattern is subjected to change under certain circumstances and will be notified through email one week before the entrance exam.
How to apply
- Click on prospectus
- Detail information about courses will be available in Booklet