All operations and services of the library has been automated with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology using Windows based In-House software developed by a team of programmers and the Library Staff of Poornima University. It operates on Windows 2000 server, Oracle with J2EE. The software has excellent operational modules such as transaction, query, administration, reporting modules etc.
An OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) has been created and about 17 terminals are provided to facilitate access. It is also made available via LAN in the campus.
- HP-ML 150G2 Server, 2 x 145GB HDD
- Storage Server (IBMX346 – Zeon 10 x 146 GB HDD)
- WIPRO Net Power Server
- Work Stations Desk Top PC’s (HP) & IBM
- Scanner (Bar-code and Document Scanners)
- Operating System (Windows 2000 and Windows XP)
- Utility Software (MS Office, Acrobat Reader)
- In House (Library Automation Software)
- Reference Services
- Reprographics Facilities
- Internet Facility
- Laptop Lending Service
- Database Search through DELNET & MALIBNET
- Document Delivery Service (Digital & Printer)
- Current Awareness Services
- Resource Sharing/ Inter Library Loan
INSIDE THE LIBRARY
- Open Access Facilities for Textual Documents
- Provision of Separate Reading Rooms for Students and Teachers/ Scholars
- Reference Books, Thesis/ Dissertations, Census/ Govt. Publication
- Journals of National and International repute
OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY
- Lending for Home Study (only text books)
- Borrowing Books/ Departmental Libraries
The Resource Center has 2 dish antenna to receive the following educational and information channels: EKLAVYA: Technology Channel: It is a channel dedicated to technical education and runs programmes generated at various IITs. It marks the beginning of a new era in the dissemination of technical education in India.
UGC Gyan Dharsan: A 24 hours educational Channel under the auspices of IGNOU.
BBC World: A 24 hours world news channel.
Browsing Center: The Library is the internet service hub of the University and has 150 systems for accessing the Net – from 8.00 am – 10.00 pm.
Reprographics Facilities (xerox):
Two Canon IR 3225, copier machines (Xerox) facilities are available for members to copy the required materials, at a nominal cost.
Suggestions and Complaints:
The library always welcomes useful suggestions from Members and the Visitors. It is also responsive to all complaints lodged by users about the collections and services.