Engineering is a creative practice of application of science, mathematical methods, and empirical evidence to the innovation, design, construction, and maintenance of machinery, software, building, and more. In India, every year 2.9 million students enrol for engineering courses provided by engineering institutions in India.
While some engineers choose to pursue studies after completion of graduation degree, some take up jobs. Among students choosing to study after completion of engineering, many choose an MBA degree or M Tech degree.
In the last decade, it is commonly observed that most engineering students are appearing for CAT and other competitive entrance exams after completion of engineering. Among the toppers from management colleges, engineering students hold the maximum positions.
Seeing the current trend, many engineering students end up choosing an MBA course due to various reasons like:
- 1.In Expectation Of A Higher Salary
- 2.To Add Value To Their CV
- 3.To Rise Up The Corporate Ladder
- 4.To Explore Their Interest Area
- 5.After Realising Their Lack Of Interest In Science & Technology
While these are major reasons why engineering graduates join an MBA programme offered by many institutes in India, peer pressure and parents’ expectations are also responsible for the rising number of engineers pursuing an MBA degree.
There is no doubt that the salary offered to an MBA graduates in India is high, but that should not be the only criteria. So for all students planning to pursue an MBA after engineering for any reason, here is a list of aspects which must be considered. Have a look at them:
- 1-Answer To Why MBA? : This is not only a question that students are asked during interviews but a question that will shape their life. Engineers planning to pursue an MBA must have a clear answer to “Why am I choosing MBA and not M Tech or a Job?” This will help students to streamline their future career prospects.
- 2-Is High Salary The Only Criteria: While salary is an important criterion that students must look out for, it is necessary for them to understand MBA is not the only way to get a higher salary after engineering. Engineering students can also gain experience and work with MNCs offering a high salary.
- 3-Interest Area: Career counsellors in India suggest engineers explore their interest area before choosing a masters’ degree. If a students’ interest lies in science and technology, pursuing M Tech can be a good choice. While engineers with interest in management, consultancy and related areas can choose MBA.
- 4-Will MBA Help Students Grow Their Career: Engineers with years of experience in the technical domain can pursue an MBA to leverage their experience and degree to reach managerial positions.
- 5-If Engineering Is No Longer One’s Interest Area: Many students realize that the field of engineering no longer interests them. Their strength lies somewhere else and can perform better in other domains. Such students must explore their interest and then plan an MBA in the relevant specialization.
Ultimately, choosing an MBA degree or any other degree after completion of B Tech should entirely be a decision made on interest areas and requirement of the student. While an MBA degree can definitely give students a higher salary and open up a plethora of job opportunities, it is not the only path to achieve this objective.
To help students choose a career path while moving forward in life, professors and parents can play a key role. Professors at Poornima University, Jaipur is experienced and supportive of the aspirations of students. Like other top 10 universities in India , Poornima University offers counselling sessions with experts for engineering students throughout their graduation.
The University offers both, Engineering and MBA degree to students from around the country. Visit the website for further details.
- Teen Patti Star Online
- Crazy Time Game Hack
- Win Money Online Free
- How To Blackjack Card Counting
- How To Deposit Funds On Betway
- Crex Cricket Exchange
- Betline Exchange
- Diamondexch. Com
- Tiger Exch 247.com
- Who Wins Today Match Ipl
- Bangladesh Vs India Odi Live Streaming
- Australia Bbl
- Espn Star Cricket Live Streaming Free
- New Cricket Stadium In India
- Exciting Bets, Big Wins: Explore 10cric Today!
- Join The Millions Of Satisfied Players At Gamdom's Online Casino In India
- Parimatch Vs 10cric: Which Casino Site Offers The Best Experience For Indian Players?
- Play And Win Big At Pure Win: India's Best Site For Online Casino And Sports Betting
- Get Ready To Win Big With Marsbet Casino