The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established on May 06, 2015 at Poornima University. The main objective of the IQAC is to plan, guide and monitor Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the university. The IQAC at Poornima University become a part of the university system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
IQAC at Poornima University is committed to provide excellence in various domains of the university and to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the university.
The objectives of the IQAC are-
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the overall performance of the university.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
- IQAC of Poornima University will adopt a participatory approach among the staff of the University.
- IQAC proposes to meet regularly to look into the quality and effectiveness of all the related process in the university.
- IQAC will evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Improving the credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
IQAC at Poornima University will facilitate / contribute to:
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.