School of Public Health
Healthcare has become one of India’s largest sectors – both in terms of Revenue and Employment. Healthcare comprises hospitals, medical devices, clinical trials, outsourcing, telemedicine, medical tourism, health insurance and medical equipment which constitutes 65 per cent of the overall market. The Indian healthcare sector is growing at a brisk pace due to its strengthening coverage, services and increasing expenditure by public as well private players.
It has been predicted that with increased digital adoption, the Indian healthcare market, which is worth around US$ 100 billion, will likely grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 23 per cent to US$ 280 billion by 2020.
The healthcare market can increase three fold to US$ 372 billion by 2022. The hospital industry in India stood at Rs 4 trillion (US$ 61.79 billion) in 2017 and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 16.17 per cent to reach Rs 8.6 trillion (US$ 132.84 billion) by 2023. The Healthcare Information Technology (IT) market is expected to grow 1.5 times by 2020.
- Hospitals and healthcare centres
- Healthcare Consultancies
- Public / Government Health System
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Healthcare Insurance Sector
- Clinical Research Laboratories
- Medical devices manufacturing
- Medical Tourism Sector
- Diagnostic Laboratory Chains
- Social Enterprises in Health
- Healthcare IT
- Clinical Trials & Telemedicines
Public Health at Poornima University! Why?
- Knowledge Partner: Jodhpur School of Public Health a foremost public health schools in the South Asian region oﬀering post graduate education, training and research in public health.
- Has become a centre of excellence in oﬀering training and capacity development in drug policy and human rights, tobacco control, nutrition and mHealth
- Forged academic linkages with University of Washington at Seattle, MIT and Harvard University
- Recipient of large national and international grants from reputed funding agencies like Open Society Foundation and Sir Ratan TATA Trust.
- School of Public Health has addressed diverse public health concerns by providing excellence in teaching, training and research.
- Experienced and well trained full time faculty involved in public health research and consulting across India.
- Being in the field of creating new age public health leaders, we impart best quality education and training and has so far trained more than 300 alumni representing 12 countries.
- We oﬀer students a unique exposure to both urban and rural public health issues and challenges in a fast growing developing country in Asia.
- Conducts regular field visits for it students to NGOs working in public health, large public hospitals, geriatric centres and public health institutions.
- •As a socially responsible public health school, we work with varied groups in Jaipur & Jodhpur on HIV/AIDS, tobacco control, adolescent health issues and nutrition. These programs benefit local communities surrounding the institutions through shared learning and service. Our acclaimed research, training and exposure empower students with cutting edge knowledge to tackle critical public health challenges aﬀecting marginalised communities nationally and internationally.
Hospital Partner: Medipulse
Medipulse hospital is a 265 bedded tertiary care healthcare facility, located in Jodhpur, opposite to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Medipulse is the first Hospital in western Rajasthan to get Accredited under NABH, the highest accreditation for healthcare facility in India.
Medipulse is equipped with cutting edge technology for diagnostics, medical and surgical treatment modalities like: a complement of 65 Critical Care Beds, 8 Modular Operation Theaters, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Radiology and Imaging solutions, Pathology and Emergency services including trauma.
Medipulse has Centers of Excellence in Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery, Neurology & Neuro Surgery, Orthopedics & Joints, Minimal Access Surgery to name a few and is expanding at very fast pace.
A team of most experienced doctors who have worked around the globe and thus making the dream to provide outstanding Healthcare service come true lead Medipulse.