With the enriched heritage in arts, architecture, culture and tradition of Rajasthan “Design” today has become a need of every human being; it has come a long way in India since the past two decades. Given the vibrant economy and dynamic market forces, the industry is bound to grow exponentially. The scope of design has widened its avenues.
With a strong legacy in education for Civil and Architectural studies, The Faculty of Design & Arts is an extension to the quality education that Poornima University has been imparting in the past. The Design Programmes of FDA are accredited by The Institute of Indian Interior Designers (IIID).
FDA culture encourages thinking, questioning and experimenting to harness the artistic and intellectual potential of each individual and place the institution at the leading edge of contemporary art and design discourse. A multi-disciplinary approach inculcates self-initiated learning and independent thinking and expands perceptual perspectives. Regular interaction with design studios, production and distribution centers and industry forms a vital bridge between design school and the Industry.
The courses are so designed to develop the learner’s worldview understanding and the socio-cultural context of Design.
B.Des. (Interior Design)Read More
B.Des. (Fashion and Textile)Read More
BVA (Painting)Read More
BVA (Applied Arts)Read More
Lateral B.Des. (Interior Design)Read More
Lateral B.Des. (Fashion & Textile Design)Read More
B.Sc. (Animation & VFX)Read More
B.Sc. (Gaming, Augmented & Virtual reality)Read More
M.Des. (Interior Design)Read More
M.Des. (Product Design)Read More
Ph.D (Design & Arts)Read More
- Approved by the Institute of Indian Interior designers (IIID)
- Approved by Fashion Design Council of Rajasthan (FDCR)
- Students placed in top Animation & VFX studios with Hollywood as well as Bollywood projects
- Fostered curriculum to international standards
- Highly qualified and experienced faculties along with mentoring by Industry Experts, field experts and senior professionals across the globe
- Award winning short films at National & International level film festivals like JIFF (Jaipur International Film festival), RIFF (Rajasthan International Film festival)
- Versatile teaching learning approach for enhanced theory and practical studios with hands on practice for industry ready creative learners
- Skill enhancements trainings, workshops and online courses Talent enrichment programs such as visits and tours, portfolio development, Research & consultancy
- Participation of students & faculty in national and international art camps like National Level Stone sculpture camp - “SRIJAN” , International painting camp “SIRJANA”
- Advanced and well-equipped labs such as computer lab, photography lab, graphic printing lab, textile dyeing & printing lab, garment construction lab, pattern making, Exhibition hall, Interior designing studio, fashion & textile design studio and visual art studio, game design lab, ceramic & pottery studio etc.
- International research conference for fostering research acumen in design & arts- International Conference on Emerging Trends in Design & Arts 2023
- Industry and public approach directed through annual events like Poornima Trends and Annual Exhibition - GULERI at JKK
- Offers doctoral programs in accordance with UGC guidelines
- Interdisciplinary projects & studies for design industry exposure
- Regular Industry Interaction through Industrial Visits, Workshop, Seminar, Guest Lectures and Conferences
- Collaboration with Rajasthan Lalit Kala Academy, Jaipur, Govt. of Rajasthan
- Collaboration with JAIPUR ART SUMMIT, a national level visual art platform
- Research collaboration with prestigious global institutions like Adelaide School of Art, Indian Institute of Craft & Design Collaboration with Progressive Artist Group - PAG, a national level visual artist association
- Collaboration with Shreyshansi Internaternation, An art & cultural movement by India & Russia
- Students & faculty Participation in annual art project- ARTECO 2022- An India & Russia art & cultural project
- Students' film projects are shortlisted & screened at national & international film festivals Noida International Film Festival 22, Chitra Bharti Film Festival 2022, National Film Archive of India 2022.
- Latest & largest infrastructure in Rajasthan for Visual Arts & Animation & VFX specific studies
- One of the few institutes in India to offer Ph.D program in Design & Animation VFX and bachelor program in Game design & AR- VR
- Participation & Won first position award in prestigious contest/ fashion show like MNIT, IIT Jodhpur etc
FDA Achievements & Awards
- THE DARK SIDE- Awarded with The Best Student Short Film Rajasthan at Jaipur International Film Festival-JIFF 2023
- GUILTY?-Awarded with The Best Experimental Student Short Film at 9th Rajasthan International Film Festival - RIFF 2023
- IN MY HEAD- Awarded with The Best debut director for hindi Student Short Film at 9th Rajasthan International Film Festival - RIFF 2023
- Awarded for The Poster Competition at 23rd Kala Mela, Rajasthan Lalit Kala Academy
- Awarded for the Fashion show - best collection at IIT Jodhpur
- Awarded for the Fashion show - 1st Price at IIM Bangalore
- Got 1 and 2 nd award for the best designers at MNIT, Jaipur
- Got 1st award for the Fashion show - best collection at IPS,Jaipur