Engineering & Technology
Research & Development
Advanced Studies & Research Center at PU is constantly moving to the pinnacles of research. With state-of-the-art facilities and resources the focus is on honoring the Analytical and Intuitive skills. The University provides Ph.D. programs in Animation & VFX, CS & IT, Design & Arts, Engineering, Fashion Design, Hotel Management, Interior Design, Management & Commerce, Science & Humanities, Public Health etc.
- Should be about some problem that encourages enthusiasm (for you) and interest (for others)
- Is often generated from the thought "what we’ve got now/from the past isn't quite right/good enough – we can do better..."
- Consists of work that leads to a meaningful contribution, generates in some way, a better solution to the problem
- Research is thus original contribution to existing stock of knowledge making for its advancement. It is the pursuit of truth with the help of study, observation, comparison and experiment.
PhD. is mostly self-driven and self-taught degree with the supervisor gently aiding the process. The program and supervisor help mostly in creating an atmosphere and environment in which the scholar gets motivated to excel. Hence, while doing a Ph.D from Poornima University, the scholar becomes self-motivated and committed, and willing to work hard.
In this time consuming and complex process our effective and positive supervisors significantly influence the quality of PhD. Our positive induction process brings out the perfect research work with following advantages, Events & Activities:
- Regular PhD.
- Rich pool of highly experienced supervisors
- Regularly conduction of International/National Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and Expert talks etc.
- PhD. Course in accordance with UGC guidelines 2016
- Course work designed by experts from IITs, NITs & Industries
- Regularly Used Software Turnitin, IEEE subscription
- Experts coming from other institutions like IIT,NIT, Central Universities and abroad for special lectures and evaluation
- Individual attention, guidance and support
- Opportunities for team research in focus areas
- Up gradation of communication, presentation & research skills
- Inculcation of critical and innovative thinking
- Quality research publications and outcome
- Critical evaluation processes
- Unique Learning Opportunity
- Regular Workshops & Trainings as per need
- Concept of critical analysis of literature re-view
- Exposure to research process & concepts
Research Lab (Software):
SPSS Tool for Statistical Analysis, MATLAB, Lab View, TCAD-SILVACO, NREL Open Source Tools, EDA-SILVACO, Smart Spice, Gateway, Utmost-IV, AutoCAD-Student Version
Research Lab (Hardware):
Vacuum Coating Unit, Eco sense-Solar PV Training and Research Kit, CNC Kit, Robotic Arms, Wireless Sensor Network, Microwave Simulators
100Kw Solar Power Plant and Water Treatment Plant
The Automatic Weather Station (AWS)
For any queries please contact:
Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta
Dean (Research and Development)
Contact No.: +91-9460595513
- A 1-year/2-semester master's degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates having a UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/CEED/teacher fellowship holder or M. Phil. degree are exempted from PhD. Entrance Test.
|PhD (Engineering & Technology)||Rs. 75000/-|
*Registration Fee (One Time) - 1500/-
Administrative Fee (Annual) - 10000/-
Caution Money (One Time-Refundable) - 5000/-
|If application of withdrawal Received||Deduction to be made|
|Before 15 Days of Commencement of Classes||INR 5000|
|Between (Before or After) 15 days of Commencement of Classes||10% of annual fees (tuition + development + Admin)|
|More than 15 days but less than 30 days of
Commencement of Classes
|20% of annual fees (tuition + development + Admin)|
|After 30 days of the date of commencement of classes||No Refund|
|Class Commencement Date - July or August 2023 (Tentatively)|
|1. Minimum deduction of INR 5000 will be done against cancellation|
|2. All cancelation will be considered after the commencement of class|
|3. Refund Process will be taken upto 45 working days|
|4. If any admission is taken after commencement of classes, the above refund rule will be applicable|
|5. Cancellation charges are applied on Complete Course Fee (Awarded Scholarship amount would not be considered during cancellation process)|
|6. In case of Check Bounce/ Returned , Payment declined due to any students reasons, INR 500, would be born by the student|
|7. Caution money is refunded after the program completion|
*As per session 2023-24, subject to change for session 2024-25
Step 1: Filling and Submission of Application Form for Admission
Each candidate shall be required to take a University Research Aptitude Test (RAT) which shall consist of two parts i.e. Entrance Test and Personal Interview.
Step 2: Entrance Test
Entrance Test shall be of two and half hours having the weightage of 70 marks.
- Part 1 : Research Methodology (Objective Type) (Duration: 90 Minutes)
- Part 2 : Subject Specific Related Short Essay Type Questions (Duration: 60 Minutes)
- Minimum 50 % marks would be required to be eligible for personal interview
Personal Interview: The interview shall be based on following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge. (The personal interview weightage will be of 30 Marks)
However, the candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR (JRF) examination/SLET/GATE/Teacher fellowship or have passed M. Phil. shall be exempted from RAT.
Syllabus of Entrance:Link: - Ph.D. Entrance Test syllabus for Reference
|Online Application Forms are available for the candidates on the payment of Rs.1500/- each form||30thAugust, 2023|
|Last date of filling the application form and its online submission||15thNovember, 2023|
|Last date for submission of academic documents (X/XII/UG/PG)/ and/ or other relevant documents, if any, to be emailed at: [email protected]||20thNovember, 2023|
|Ph.D. Entrance Test & Personal Interview||30thNovember, 2023|
|Result Declaration||04thDecember, 2023|
|Admission Confirmation, fee Deposition & Original documents verification||05th - 10thDecember, 2023|
|Commencement of PhD. Course-work classes||January, 2024|
|Schedule of Entrance**||The time of the Entrance exam will be informed through email at least one week before the examination|
How to apply
- Click on prospectus
- Detail information about courses will be available in Booklet