Humanities and social science is a stream of study which primarily deals with aspects of human behavior and its effect on society. The course covers the areas of human behavior, psychology, philosophy, criminology, sociology, anthropology and much more. The program envisages to provide the students a well-developed understanding of the social strata systems, sociological theory, and social policy.
The basic eligibility to pursue this course is to hold a PG degree with at least 50% from a recognizable institution in India. The doctoral program normally takes 3-5 years to complete and involves three different stages after the admission into the program.
- First Six Months: Beginning of Course work & Allocation of Supervisor (Full time Doctoral faculty of the Poornima University as per UGC norms) (Course Work: Classes will be conducted in 04 Modules, each module duration equals to one week)
- Comprehensive Exam & Synopsis Submission (Within 2 years of Ph.D. admission including the completion of the Course Work)
- Commencement of work on the Thesis Proposal.
- Six monthly progress report submission duly signed by the supervisor & Presentation of work every six month.(Min. 3-4 presentations are required for the award of Ph.D. degree)
- Pre-submission Defense (Before Pre-submission defense, minimum publications requirement must be fulfilled as per the norms)
- Thesis Submission (within 6 months of Pre-submission Defense)
- Review of Thesis by the Examiners (1 International / National, 1 from state and from the supervisor(s))
- Final viva-voce (after receiving satisfactory reports from the examiners)
- Award of Ph.D. degree
- Multidisciplinary Research: Multidisciplinary research (different disciplines working together) is available at Poornima University (PU) in which the scholar takes one supervisor from the Poornima University and Joint Supervisor from other disciplines from PU itself or outside PU as per the UGC norms.