The field of commerce and management has earned a lot of relevance in the coming years particularly with its application in business. With the growing trends of business and the motive to be in the top of the game has led to the exploration of the varied field of study in the stream. The Doctoral level program in Commerce and Management entrusts the students to gain a multitude of knowledge in the aspects of business and its fundamentals in management.
The program aims to generate the interest in the minds of the students to promote the growth and development of Commerce, Management, and related disciplines through the applicability of research. The study of the program combines the fundamentals of Commerce and Management bringing out a comprehensive field of knowledge for the students to explore in depth. The program also promotes to nurture the skills, competence and the sense of inquiry amongst students by building in them the skills of problem solving and creativity.
The basic eligibility to pursue this course is to hold a PG degree with at least 50% from a recognizable institution in India. The doctoral program normally takes 3-5 years to complete and involves three different stages after the admission into the program.
- First Six Months: Beginning of Course work & Allocation of Supervisor (Full time Doctoral faculty of the Poornima University as per UGC norms) (Course Work: Classes will be conducted in 04 Modules, each module duration equals to one week)
- Comprehensive Exam & Synopsis Submission (Within 2 years of Ph.D. admission including the completion of the Course Work)
- Commencement of work on the Thesis Proposal.
- Six monthly progress report submission duly signed by the supervisor & Presentation of work every six month.(Min. 3-4 presentations are required for the award of Ph.D. degree)
- Pre-submission Defense (Before Pre-submission defense, minimum publications requirement must be fulfilled as per the norms)
- Thesis Submission (within 6 months of Pre-submission Defense)
- Review of Thesis by the Examiners (1 International / National, 1 from state and from the supervisor(s))
- Final viva-voce (after receiving satisfactory reports from the examiners)
- Award of Ph.D. degree
- Multidisciplinary Research: Multidisciplinary research (different disciplines working together) is available at Poornima University (PU) in which the scholar takes one supervisor from the Poornima University and Joint Supervisor from other disciplines from PU itself or outside PU as per the UGC norms.