The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program involves preparing a thesis that will make a substantial and original contribution to the specific subject area. The Faculty of Engineering focuses on multidisciplinary research centered on various key themes. This degree is awarded if your thesis is considered to be a substantial and original contribution to the subject concerned. The Ph.D, program is offered both full time and part time in broad area of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The basic eligibility to pursue this course is to hold a PG degree with at least 50% from a recognizable institution in India under any allied Engineering branch. Admission to the course is offered by conducting institute level entrance exams, counselling or interviews as mandated by the affiliated university.
The doctoral program normally takes 3-5 years to complete and involves three different stages after the admission into the program.
- First Six Months: Beginning of Course work & Allocation of Supervisor (Full time Doctoral faculty of the Poornima University as per UGC norms) (Course Work: Classes will be conducted in 04 Modules, each module duration equals to one week)
- Comprehensive Exam & Synopsis Submission (Within 2 years of Ph.D. admission including the completion of the Course Work)
- Commencement of work on the Thesis Proposal.
- Six monthly progress report submission duly signed by the supervisor & Presentation of work every six month.(Min. 3-4 presentations are required for the award of Ph.D. degree)
- Pre-submission Defense (Before Pre-submission defense, minimum publications requirement must be fulfilled as per the norms)
- Thesis Submission (within 6 months of Pre-submission Defense)
- Review of Thesis by the Examiners (1 International / National, 1 from state and from the supervisor(s))
- Final viva-voce (after receiving satisfactory reports from the examiners)
- Award of Ph.D. degree
- Multidisciplinary Research: Multidisciplinary research (different disciplines working together) is available at Poornima University (PU) in which the scholar takes one supervisor from the Poornima University and Joint Supervisor from other disciplines from PU itself or outside PU as per the UGC norms.