“If information is the currency if democracy, then libraries is its bank”. Poornima University’s library engages in strategic planning for the long-term, sustainable growth of the university’s collections, improve access to information and develop alternative modes of scholarly communication. The university has gone ahead in making the concept of digital library functions with the availability of digital content to enhance the first-hand knowledge of the students at the university. A huge collection of more than 30,000 books, journals, magazines and other reference material are available for the students. The University also subscribes to several reputed national and international journals pertaining to the prescribed curricula as well as general technology related areas. Poornima University is also a member of DELNET which connects to the esteemed library systems of the country so that the students as well as the faculty members can refer to the collection in other libraries. Library also has IEEE, KNIMBUS, and GREENR online subscription. The university also provides software like Turnitin for plagiarism check to evaluate the reports and thesis of the students.
The library services are the cornerstone of the education system at Poornima University, Rajasthan, India. The mission of our library services is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition, organization and dissemination
of knowledge resources. The University libraries offer a wide range of materials in a variety of formats—from traditional books and serials to films, and multimedia and networked information from around the world. Highly skilled
staff assists students to use the local collections and find information on specific topics. Our libraries are a learning space where students are inspired to explore, research and create. Our libraries are not only the places to think, but also an informal work area where students gather to collaborate. Our Learning Resource Centre has a total collection of over more than 30,000 books covering all disciplines of Science, Engineering, Technology, Management, Architecture and Planning. Furthermore, the students have access to more than 31 printed journals, 45 print national magazines and 100 online international magazines apart from daily newspapers. The University has access to a large number of e-resources like IEL Online, IEEE Explore Digital Library, knowledge-hub, Pro Quest ABI/INFORM Global, e-books from GIST and DELNET. All activities of Learning Resource Centre are computerized, including bar-coded ID Cards and separate On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) terminals to know the status of books at any time. Library is kept open from 08:00 AM TO 6:00 PM for all the students of the university.
It gives us immense pleasure to share that an exclusive MOU between Global Reach Jaipur and Poornima, Global Reach, representing overseas universities in India, has a long-standing reputation of being one of the most comprehensive
study-abroad consultants in India. Their expert counsellors advise students on lucrative career options and match individual student profiles as per academic background, aptitude and aspirations to suitable careers. Their counsellors offer advice based on first-hand experience by visiting foreign academic institutions. Through this MOU, faculty, staff & students of Poornima get Career Counselling Services, Study Abroad Counselling, IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Training and Visa Support Facility at Office of International Relations. Moreover, Global Reach Jaipur regularly conducts presentation & workshop for faculty, staff & students on:
- Scholarship opportunities at Universities Abroad
- Studies Abroad – Myths and Realities
- How to make an application for your Dream University
- Study at World’s top 300 University almost at the same cost as Private Indian education
- New Careers and courses across the World
Poornima University also has started taking international admissions.
Poornima University has excellent infrastructure, including domain specific laboratories associated with the technical divisions. Industry leaders like Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft have established their laboratories in collaboration
with the University. Major Laboratories include: Theoretical Computer Science and Language Processing/ Open Source technologies/ Data technology/ Grid- Cloud Computing/ Software Systems/ Computational Intelligence High Performance Computing/ Mobile Computing and Intel Multi-core laboratories and Image Processing. , All labs are equipped with the latest Hardware & Software for the up-gradation of education and upliftment of research for students to meet the challenging needs of the IT sector.
Practice and experiential learning are critical to a robust Architectural & Civil Engineering pedagogy. At Poornima University campus, a dedicated construction yard where the students learn by doing practical implementation is an integral part of the education process. The university management motivate the students to work on practical knowledge and provides them the resources to work.
The study of Architecture is closely linked to the natural world. A study in Architecture would be incomplete without understanding the geographical and climatologically phenomena. To facilitate this, the Poornima University has an
equipped Meteorological Observatory with the instruments and facilities needed to ensure that the students are trained and competent to handle this aspect of the profession as well.
Poornima University has a student co-operative store in the premises for all the students and staff residing in the campus where various day to day used items like note books, stationery, basic cosmetics and daily needs too are available at reasonable price
ATM of Corporation Bank is available at the main entrance of Poornima University campus. The health care centre facilities for the students are provided by a multi facility 24/7 hospital near the Poornima University campus which
provides treatment at a very nominal cost. Apart from that, Poornima University has a dedicated General physician and an Ambulance.
- Mess facility is regarded as an integral part of the university campus which provides nutritious homely food to all the hostellers, day scholars, faculty & staff members and visitors. It provides 4 meals a day which includes breakfast, lunch, evening refreshment and dinner. The quality food is prepared under strict hygienic conditions and is served in the respective dining area of boys’ and girls’ hostel with keeping all the sensitivities in consideration.
- The university mess serves vegetarian food only and operates in self-service mode.
- The menu is designed considering the requirements of the students and nutrition is added to make it healthy.
- Mess caters to the tastes of the students of different region and students with varied food preferences. However, there are certain guidelines which are to be followed strictly while planning the meals.
- Mess menu is planned and managed by the management in consultation with the students. At Poornima University canteen, students get various choices of dishes to get rid of the stress from the day-long studies schedule. With exquisite interiors and exotic menu, a well-furnished and spacious cafeteria is located in the heart of the lavish green campus. Almost 60% of the time, the canteen is fully occupied with patrons looking to grab the delicious snacks, a refreshing cup of coffee or a cold drink to beat the heat, Maggi hotspot by nestle India. In the late evenings, the canteen acts as an alternate eating place for those desiring a change from the regular mess food. You will find several groups of students and staff engaged in deep conversation, enjoying tasty, affordable vegetarian snacks. The hostel is catered by the same canteen offering variety of snacks available at reasonable prices in a very clean and hygienic environment for the students.