Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA)
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO-1 : Technical Adeptness
- To be able to choose from a number of career options available in Research & Development, Manufacturing, Entrepreneurship, Design Services, consultancies, Independent Design firms and work in a multi-disciplinary enironment.
- PEO-2 : Awareness of Social Impact
- To create individuals capable of collaborating and working with other organizations or individuals as an effective team to carry out business on an international and National level.
- PEO-3 : Professionalism
- To be able to inculcate qualities like crisp communication skills, business acumen, effective execution, imagination and to inculcate a global awareness and a sustainable career prospect.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
- PO1: Design Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of design fundamentals, and a specialization to the solution of complex design problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex design problems reaching substantiated conclusions using elements and principles of design.
- PO3: Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern designing and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex designing activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The Designer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional design practice.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional designing solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the designing practice.
- PO9: Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex design activities with the design community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the design and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOS)
- PSO 1: After Course Completion, the students will be equipped with imaginative and specialized aptitudes in different arena of Commercial Art. This will empower them to establish globally, work for societal cause, pursue research and be entrepreneur in their endeavors’.
- PSO 2: Achieve professionalism, expertise presentations, demonstrate proficiency in hand skills, practice digital technology, explore indigenous material, adorn global role play and follow standards of Commercial Art.
- PSO 3: Graduates will be prepared to acquire a range of general skills pertaining to Visual art, to solve problems, to evaluate information, to use tool productively, to communicate with society effectively and learn independently.
- PSO 4: Graduates will procure work productively in various fields such as Art, Craft, Design, Education, Media at National and International platform.