Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) in Fashion & Textile Design
Bachelor of Design in Fashion & Textile Designis an undergraduate Fashion and Textile Design course. Fashion Design is the study of creating original designs in garments, footwear, jewelleries, luggage, etc. and a study of the ever-changing trends in the fashion industry and market. In other words, B.Des. (Fashion Design) is the study of creating original designs which involve converting artistic talent and creativity in creating products like clothing, textiles, jewellery, footwear and other accessories. B.Des. (Fashion Design) degree course also includes a detailed study of the market trends and the related fashion. The duration of the course is four years and it is career orienting in nature that offers many jobs after its completion.
The course covers an advanced study of the concepts and processes of textile designing, such as:
- design-related trends like embroidery, prints, weaving, and colouring.
- design combination by means of technology and computer application.
- vital role of creativity and innovation in the discipline.
- use of traditional, analogue, and digital techniques for textile-making.
- constantly evolving hybrid of technical technologies and craft-based skills including hand-embroidery, knitting, laser-cutting, screen-printing.
- intricacies of digital print, smart textiles, and advanced digital knitting.
- innovative and synergetic approaches to design for diverse sectors of the textile industry, markets and the social sector.
- cultural heritage, socio-economic, and environmental concerns impacting and influencing textile use.
- prototype development through various stages of explorations and subsequent refinement.
- textile-designing skills imparted as theoretical knowledge and practical exposure.
- textile fibres, woven fabric, surface design, printing methods, dyeing techniques, sewing techniques
- constructed textiles and basic inputs in garment design.