Research & Development
Advanced Studies & Research Center at PU is constantly moving to the pinnacles of research. With state-of-the-art facilities and resources the focus is on honoring the Analytical and Intuitive skills. The University provides PhD. program in Engineering, Management, Commerce, Applied Science, Design etc.Some of the major thrust areas of research at PU, Renewable Energy, Water resources & Environmental Engg., AI, Cloud & IOT, Banking & Financial Services, Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Architecture and Remote Sensing & Health Systems
- Should be about some problem that encourages enthusiasm (for you) and interest (for others)
- Is often generated from the thought "what we’ve got now/from the past isn't quite right/good enough – we can do better..."
- Consists of work that leads to a meaningful contribution, generates in some way, a better solution to the problem
- Research is thus original contribution to existing stock of knowledge making for its advancement. It is the pursuit of truth with the help of study, observation, comparison and experiment.
PhD. is mostly self-driven and self-taught degree with the supervisor gently aiding the process. The program and supervisor help mostly in creating an atmosphere and environment in which the scholar gets motivated to excel. Hence, while doing a PhD. from Poornima University, the scholar becomes self-motivated and committed, and willing to work hard.
In this time consuming and complex process our effective and positive supervisors significantly influence the quality of PhD. Our positive induction process brings out the perfect research work with following advantages, Events & Activities:
- Regular PhD.
- Advantage of Dual M. Tech. and PhD. program
- Rich pool of highly experienced supervisors
- Regularly conduction of International/National Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and Expert talks etc.
- PhD. Course in accordance with UGC guidelines 2016
- Course work designed by experts from IITs, NITs & Industries
- Regularly Used Software Turnitin, IEEE subscription
- Experts coming from other institutions like IIT,NIT, Central Universities and abroad for special lectures and evaluation
- Individual attention, guidance and support
- Opportunities for team research in focus areas
- Up gradation of communication, presentation & research skills
- Inculcation of critical and innovative thinking
- Quality research publications and outcome
- Critical evaluation processes
- Unique Learning Opportunity
- Regular Workshops & Trainings as per need
- Concept of critical analysis of literature re-view
- Exposure to research process & concepts
RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTUREResearch Lab (Software): SPSS Tool for Statistical Analysis, MATLAB, Lab View, TCAD-SILVACO, NREL Open Source Tools, EDA-SILVACO, Smart Spice, Gateway, Utmost-IV, AutoCAD-Student Version Research Lab (Hardware): Vacuum Coating Unit, Eco sense-Solar PV Training and Research Kit, CNC Kit, Robotic Arms, Wireless Sensor Network, Microwave Simulators
100Kw Solar Power Plant and Water Treatment PlantMetrological Lab: The Automatic Weather Station (AWS) Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta
Associate Dean (Research and Development)
|Present Focus Areas||Regular||Dual Degree(M.Tech + Ph.D)|
||Masters degree in Urban Planning or Regional Planning / environmental Planning / Housing/ Transport Planning / Landscape Architecture / Urban design / Architectural Conservation/ Building Engineering and Mgmt. / Industrial Design conducted by School with not less than 55 per cent marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation agency which is approved, recognized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
*As per session 2019-20, subject to change for session 2020-21.
|Particulars||Full Time||Dual Degree|
|Application form Fee: (Non-Refundable)||1,200/-||1,200/-|
|Admission Fees - First year||75,000/-||1,15,000/-|
|Caution Money (Alongwith First Installment of Fee)||5,000/-||5,000/-|
|Admission Fees - Second Year||75,000/-||1,15,000/-|
|Admission Fees - Third Year (if Applicable)||75,000/-||1,15,000/-|
|Admission Fees - Fourth Year||30,000/-||1,10,000/-|
|Fees - Fifth / Sixth year / Seventh Year (if Applicable)||30,000/-||30,000/-|
*As per session 2019-20, subject to change for session 2020-21.
Filling and Submission of Application Form for Admission
Each candidate shall be required to take a University Research Aptitude Test (RAT) which shall consist of two parts
Written Examination of a total of two hours: This shall consist of two parts;
- Part 1: Research Aptitude (Objective Type), 50 Questions
- Part 2: Subject Related Short Essay Type Questions (Attempt 5 out of 8) 10 marks each
- Minimum 50 % marks would be required to be eligible for personal interview.
Personal Interview: The interview shall be based on following aspects, viz. whether:
- 1. the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- 2. the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
However, the candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR (JRF) examination/SLET/GATE/Teacher fellowship holders or have passed M. Phil. shall be exempted from RAT.
Syllabus of Entrance: As per UGC NET ExamLink: - https://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabus.aspx
HOW TO APPLY
Ph.D Admission Confirmation and Reporting
- Apply online here: https://www.poornima.edu.in/applyonline Or
- Download the application from: www.poornima.edu.in/AF.pdf Or
- Obtain application form, from University campus/designated centres.
Fill the application form in any one of the above options and send the following self attested Xerox documents as attachments to e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org or by speed/registered post:
- Mark sheet/grade sheet/transcripts of the qualifying examination
- X standard mark sheet/certificate showing date of birth
- Six Passport size photograph
- Transfer certificate (If available)
- Migration certificate (If available)
- Online payment or DD of Rs. 1200/- in favour of “Poornima University”, payable at Jaipur as Application fee
Postal address to send the required documents and bank draft/demand draft:
IS 2027 to 2031 Ramchandrapura,
P.O.: Vidhani Vatika
Sitapura Extention, Jaipur-303905 (Raj.)
|Application Form available for download on University website (www.poornima.edu.in)||October 2019|
|Online Application with online payment of Application Fee (Rs.1200/-)||Available online|
|Last Date of receipt of completed Application by (Post / online / in person)||03 December, 2019|
|Entrance Test||07 December, 2019|
|Personal Interview||07 December, 2019|
|Display of List of Selected Candidates on website||10 December, 2019|
|Admission Confirmation, fee Deposition & original document verification||From 16th December, 2019 TO 21st December 2019|
|Commencement of Ph.D Course work classes||January, 2020|
|Schedule of Entrance||07 December, 2019|
|Reporting process Introduction||8:30 am – 10:00 am|
|Paper I||10:00 am to 11:00 am|
|Paper II||11:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|Interviews||1:00 pm onwards|
How to apply